with Gema Diaz & Dusty Teng
January 11 – 16, 2020
Join us for an opportunity to deepen your yoga practice while connecting with the local community along the shores of beautiful Lake Atitlan, Guatemala! We have designed a special retreat for yoga lovers seeking an opportunity for reflection, exploration, discovery, and connection.
This Reflection, Connection, and Community Yoga Retreat is an opportunity to spend time in a beautiful natural setting while practicing self-care and self-study (svahdyaya), learning more about yourself and others as you reflect on the world and your place in it. Connection is about introspection as well as cultivating community with purpose. We will explore new places both within and beyond ourselves.
We have designed each activity with love during this 6-day/5-night experience which will take place against the stunning backdrop of Lake Atitlan, surrounded by inactive volcanoes and the lush, green mountains of the western Guatemalan Highlands.
Retreat Price Includes:
- 5 nights accommodation at Isla Verde eco-hotel
- 3 locally-sourced vegetarian meals each day
- Daily yoga and meditation classes
- 1 therapeutic Shiatsu, Thai foot reflexology, or Reiki massage (Other spa services available for an additional cost)
- Yoga photo shoot with digital prints
- Excursions and tours supporting sustainable, socially responsible community projects in local towns on Lake Atitlan
- Airport shuttle (to and from Guatemala City)
- Boat taxis (lancha) rides
- All taxes and gratuities
- Welcome gift
- Early Bird Prices expire October 31, 2019.
- A $500 non-refundable deposit is required to secure your spot.
- Payment plans available.
- Receive an additional $100 off retreat price if you pay in full!
Shared Accommodations (sleeps 5-6 guests) per person price:
$1,650 USD Regular Price ($1500 Early Bird)
Double Accommodations (sleeps 2 guests) per person price:
$2,000 USD Regular Price ($1,800 Early Bird)
Single Cabin Accommodations per person price:
$2,500 USD Regular Price ($2,250 Early Bird)
- Airfare to and from Guatemala City.
About the area:
We are excited to share our love of Guatemala as you experience its stunning natural beauty, rich cultural heritage, and the magic of Lake Atitlan. Formed thousands of years ago by volcanic activity, Lake Atitlan is a special place where you will be able to connect with yourself and your surroundings.
You will have the opportunity to learn about and participate in cultural exchange with indigenous Mayan communities during organized excursions (already included in the price of this retreat!) to local towns around the lake. You will be supporting community tourism efforts that directly benefit the Maya Kaqchikel and Maya Tzutujil people, two indigenous civilizations established at Lake Atitlan centuries ago.
About the property:
Daily transformative yoga classes will be led by Dusty & Gema in the spectacular open air lakefront practice space at Isla Verde, an eco-chic hotel tucked into the hillside of the local village of Santa Cruz La Laguna on Lake Atitlan. All rooms boast spectacular views of Lake Atitlan. We chose this location because the owners of Isla Verde are like family to us and are dedicated to providing an excellent experience for guests.
For questions or to register:
Connect with us on social media!https://www.facebook.com/lakeatitlanvibes/